wowzer

Ramsey Hunt Syndrome

Rate this topic

My stepfather got shingles on his face, in his mouth and ears which is called Ramsey Hunt Syndrome. In doing some search on the internet some sites also connect celiac disease to it? Has anybody heard of this?

My stepfather got shingles on his face, in his mouth and ears which is called Ramsey Hunt Syndrome. In doing some search on the internet some sites also connect celiac disease to it? Has anybody heard of this?

I cannot say I have heard of this however, I have personal experience with the subject. I was diagnosed with Ramsey Hunt Syndrome about 6 years ago. Without a doubt was the most painful thing I have ever endured in my life. The left side of my face went paralyzed and entire face drooped. It did get somewhat better but left side of face is still paralyzed. 2 weeks ago I was finally diagnosed with Celiac disease. I have been gluten free for 2 weeks and it has been a miraculous beginning to my healing. Brain fog has lifted, depression has lifted, tons of energy, stomach bloating has subsided. It is truly a miracle that through the help of my wife and the internet, that pointed us into the right direction that had eluded doctors for years. Thought I would share that yes I do have Celiac and I did have Ramsey Hunt syndrome. I am not sure if there is a link. That was the answer I was looking for when I stumbled upon your post.