sillyken

Glutened At IHOP

Rate this topic

I few days ago , I went to an IHOP where I careully explained my condition and that I wanted an omlette without pancake mix. We talked about making it on a different grill and I was assured that all steps had been taken. That night I started experiencing the symptoms. Today, 3 days later, the pain is excruciating. Is there such a thing as a gluten emergency? I mean I'm breaking out now with DH and my gut feels like it's exploding. I mean can the emergency room do anything or should I just wait it out? Haven't felt this bad in a long time.

I few days ago , I went to an IHOP where I careully explained my condition and that I wanted an omlette without pancake mix. We talked about making it on a different grill and I was assured that all steps had been taken. That night I started experiencing the symptoms. Today, 3 days later, the pain is excruciating. Is there such a thing as a gluten emergency? I mean I'm breaking out now with DH and my gut feels like it's exploding. I mean can the emergency room do anything or should I just wait it out? Haven't felt this bad in a long time.

I am terribly sorry that you are so ill and wish you a speedy recovery.

If I choose to dine at a high turn over, inexperienced/non-knowledgeable wait staff and most like a chaotic kitchen with a 96(or less) health rating, known for it's pancakes restaurant.... I would be thankful if I did NOT get glutened.

Once your waitress leaves with you order and turns it into the kitchen, all bets are off. Or if necessary, just order fried eggs, grit and some fruit to minimize your change for a glutening.

Again, hope you feel better soon.

I had a great experience at the IHOP in Centreville, VA. I called the day before to talk to the manager who said he would do his best to accomodate me. I found the manager before being seated and he sat me and my family and both he and the waiter came to the table. I ordered the veggie omletter with spniach and extra tomatoes and then explained that I would need my omletter to be cooked in a freshly washed pan by someone wearing a new pair of gloves. I explained I needed fresh eggs to be cracked for my omlette as well. My order was brought out before my families (which would typically make me angry) but the server said that he had seen them put it up and didn't want anyone else's foods with gluten to get too close to mine so I appreciated it!

I enjoyed half yesterday and the othe rhalf today (they are huge!!!) and I feel 100% fine!

PS: The fact my dad (huge man, prof. body builder) told them that if they got this wrong I would be leaving in an ambulance didn't hurt either :)