Diva1

Casein Intolerance Symtoms Vs Gluten?

Rate this topic

Hi

I am intolerant to gluten and discovered also casein...I stopped casein for a month then reintroduced it just to see what would happen...well had a bit of cheese and aboout1 glass of whole milk to mix my gluten free pancakes...sunday morning...feeling not to bad that same afternoon then at night belly pain just like gluten pain but a bit milder...not as severe as when i gluten myself by accident...pain all day monday distention of bowel that would hurt my kidneys...then today the big D and its very yellow...sorry but i have to explain...anyway does this sound like casein intolerance to you out there that may have similar symptoms....my godness the though that go trought my mind....what is wrong with me..................help

Diva :(

It could be. I wouldn't go off a reaction just based on one time. Wait another few weeks and then eat a SMALL amount. Make sure everything you eat up to a few days before is not questionable. I get stomach cramps (like I'm ovulating) for about a week with dairy and bms get messed up too. Ends with a migraine. Physically, dairy is worse for me than gluten.

I am also dairy-intolerant, along with many other things. I have been doing this for almost 4 yrs now. After I got my "diet" under control for quite awhile, I can do a LITTLE BIT of dairy once in awhile. Of course, when I get away with it once, it's so much harder for me to stay away from it so I often overdo by having a little bit more and then it takes quite awhile to get things under control again. I have much of the same symptoms you do. I have noticed that with cheeses, cheddar and hard cheeses are not ones I can ever get away with. I do better with the soft, more expensive types....brie, etc. I also do ok with lowfat mozzarella. But, like I said, only once in a blue moon and not much then.

Separate casein from lactose. Have either hard cheese, or milk --not both.

What jestgar said - your symptoms overlap with lactose intolerance (bloating, pain (possibly from bloating), and D). You need to single them out to determine if it's casein or lactose.

I find that too much casein gives me headaches and constipation. But everyone's symptoms vary.