Ms.T

Allergic To Spouse?

Rate this topic

This has been a difficult thing to ask anyone other than my spouse. I figure I might as well ask here. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in Aug. 2008. If my spouse eats Gluten Foods etc, does that mean he will have gluten in his semen? Your feedback is greatly apreciated. I follow my diet to the tee and still having some complications, trying to eliminate all areas. Thank you.

This topic has come up for discussion several times, and the consensus is that semen is gluten-free.

This has been a difficult thing to ask anyone other than my spouse. I figure I might as well ask here. I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in Aug. 2008. If my spouse eats Gluten Foods etc, does that mean he will have gluten in his semen? Your feedback is greatly apreciated. I follow my diet to the tee and still having some complications, trying to eliminate all areas. Thank you.

Are you looking at other potential things that may be causing cross contamination? I am the only one in my house gluten free and what I thought was working, has turned out to come back and haunt me in the last 1-1 1/2 months. I really got to paying more attention to everyones habits and found lots of potential problems. I am addressing those now. It sucks to not know what is getting you.

Keep this in mind- if he eats a sandwich, goes potty, and you two go foolin around later, the gluten proteins will still be on his skin. This is a problem with men that they don't often think of, especially if you've already checked your soaps and shampoos for gluten, they figure they're clean. They think they're clean but they've had their hands all over themselves all day, and most men don't wash their hands before peeing.

Keep this in mind- if he eats a sandwich, goes potty, and you two go foolin around later, the gluten proteins will still be on his skin. This is a problem with men that they don't often think of, especially if you've already checked your soaps and shampoos for gluten, they figure they're clean. They think they're clean but they've had their hands all over themselves all day, and most men don't wash their hands before peeing.

:o :o I would never have thought of this! :blink:

This topic has come up for discussion several times, and the consensus is that semen is gluten-free.

Thank you for the information!

WOW! I never would have considered this possibility. This forum is useful, in so many ways! :D

Oh my gosh, thank you! I've been constantly asking my husband to wash his hands if he touches ANYTHING with gluten in it. I'd never thought of the bathroom thing. I know this will make him more vigilant. He sees what a wreck I become when I get glutened not to mention what I was like before.

Wow, now that's cross contamination!

My husband always rinses his mouth out after eating something I can't have (I'm also allergic to all kinds of pepper) before kissing me, but I would never have thought about him needing to do the same thing down there. This is a really good topic to discuss since there are so many little things that can be making us sick.