always0440

Uterine Fibroids

Rate this topic

I have been diagnosed with multiple large fibroids in my uterus. Doctors always want to do surgery right away on this "symptom" without figuring out the problem. My research suggests that the abundance of estrogen can be caused by slow bowel which causes excess estrogen to keep being reabsorbed and because gluten interferes with the liver's abolity to metabolize estrogen. Before I get tested, I wanted to know if anyone else there has seen a link between celiac disease and the development of fibroids. I have all the other symptoms.

I have been diagnosed with multiple large fibroids in my uterus. Doctors always want to do surgery right away on this "symptom" without figuring out the problem. My research suggests that the abundance of estrogen can be caused by slow bowel which causes excess estrogen to keep being reabsorbed and because gluten interferes with the liver's abolity to metabolize estrogen. Before I get tested, I wanted to know if anyone else there has seen a link between celiac disease and the development of fibroids. I have all the other symptoms.

I have Celiac and I had multiple large fibroids. I honestly don't know if there's a link--fibroids are very common.

Yes! I was recently diagnosed with coeliac disease and a single very large, grapefruit sized(12 cm)fibroid. Like you I did the research and have been on the following diet for the last three months:

Gluten Free

Wheat free (I am allergic to wheat too)

No caffeine

No alcohol

Increased fibre (psyllium powder)

Supplements of marine 3 fish oil (I don't have a bleeding problem. Care! if you do - this could make it worse apparently).

Supplements of calcium d glucarate

Low oestrogen (Reduce meat and dairy products - using the absolute minimum)

Organic chicken and eggs instead

Plenty of sea fish not factory farmed

Avoid all Xenoeostrogens (Face creams, liquid soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, make-up tampax, lipsalve, etc etc - choosing low oestrogen alternatives. I am avoiding parabens, plasticisers etc as these also have oestrogenic activity.

Increased pulses and nuts (excluding soya)- including daily

Exercise - walking three miles daily

Heat packs - regularly used on fibroid to encourage circulation

And the result? My fibroid has shrunk significantly and now no longer presses on my bladder. I am due to have it measured shortly, but my guess is that it is now lemon sized rather than grapefruit sized! So I plan to continue this regime. And I feel much better.

Hev

• Upvote 1

UPDATE. It is now October 2010 and I can hardly even feel the fibroid any more. I have continued to follow the diet above. I added in 2000IU of Vitamin D and further reduced my meat and milk consumption about two months ago...this lead to an even more rapid decrease in size of the fibroid. In fact it shrank noticably within the first week. My diet consisits mainly of fruit, veg, potatoes, rice, nuts, seeds and fish. I now feel very well and I no longer have to visit the bathroom several times in the night! LADIES I CAN VOUCH FOR THIS DIET. IT WORKS.I feel fabulous, my skin, nails and hair all look perfect too and I've lost some weight. Most importantly no fiborid surgery required.

UPDATE. It is now October 2010 and I can hardly even feel the fibroid any more. I have continued to follow the diet above. I added in 2000IU of Vitamin D and further reduced my meat and milk consumption about two months ago...this lead to an even more rapid decrease in size of the fibroid. In fact it shrank noticably within the first week. My diet consisits mainly of fruit, veg, potatoes, rice, nuts, seeds and fish. I now feel very well and I no longer have to visit the bathroom several times in the night! LADIES I CAN VOUCH FOR THIS DIET. IT WORKS.I feel fabulous, my skin, nails and hair all look perfect too and I've lost some weight. Most importantly no fiborid surgery required.

Great news thanks for giving us the update.