Rate this topic

Anyone out there have a recipe for a protein shake that would be gluten/dairy/soy free?

I'm thinking of ordering egg white powder and coconut milk powder from Barry Farms. I want something shelf stable so I can keep it in my locker at work and just add water and maybe some fruit. I'd like to keep it low carb as I sometimes have issues with low blood sugar and yeast. I have tried truvia and didn't have an obvious reaction.

Thanks for helping me out on this and if it works you should all just sell your Wendy's stock as I'll cut my chili runs down to about once a week! :D

Anyone out there have a recipe for a protein shake that would be gluten/dairy/soy free?

I'm thinking of ordering egg white powder and coconut milk powder from Barry Farms. I want something shelf stable so I can keep it in my locker at work and just add water and maybe some fruit. I'd like to keep it low carb as I sometimes have issues with low blood sugar and yeast. I have tried truvia and didn't have an obvious reaction.

Thanks for helping me out on this and if it works you should all just sell your Wendy's stock as I'll cut my chili runs down to about once a week! :D

OK then I guess I'm on my own. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out. RA

There are some out there, but honestly, the "shake with liquid" thing never works for me - it stays somewhat clumpy. At the least, I need to use a stick blender on it.

How about making a smoothie with gluten-free almond milk? You'd probably have to make it at home and put it in a Thermos . . . OR, how about taking goat's milk dry milk powder with you? Are you able to handle goat's milk? Meyenberg makes a gluten-free goat milk powder. It has 8 grams of protein per reconstituted cup.

I buy dried egg whites in bulk from Rose Acre Farms. If you haven't ever used dried eggs before, they're kind of weird. They take awhile to absorb water--like five or ten minutes. I know there are some protein shake recipes on their web site.

HTH