Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frenchiemama

A Personal Question For The Ladies....

I hear you on this one! My last period really wasn't anything at all so I got freaked out and then the one before that lasted a day! It isnt do to loss of fat in my body....ha cause I gained 15 pounds since I have been gluten-free. As long as we all are having problems though with this it makes me feel a little better!

Guest maur
I hope that helps. It's funny, some doctors aren't all that big on progesterone cream - maybe because it's an over the counter thing, not a prescription (though you can get it Rx). But I have been having trouble the last year with bladder infections - that weren't actual infections, just felt like it. Was happening around the time I would be ovulating. I went to the doctor last month, well, the nurse-practitioner I really get a long with at the walk in clinic in town, and he said it could be interstitial cystitis or hormones. As my periods have been getting worse - heavier, longer, more painful - he said go back and use that progesterone cream and see what happens. Sometimes it does help to have a medical professional make suggestions - they stick better! :)

Anyway, read up on it some. It's a common thing these days.

Take care

Stephanie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Several years ago I had a horrible bladder infection. And ever since then I frequently get what feels like a bladder infection but I was told by my nurse practitioner that it was not. (The test was negative). She said sometimes toxins build up in the bladder and they need to be flushed out - or something to that effect. So when I feel it coming on I know that I now have to drink about a gallon of water to get rid of the discomfort. The last episode was right before my period - ovulation time - so I will now keep track to see if this is a recurrent theme.

Maureen

Several years ago I had a horrible bladder infection.  And ever since then I frequently get what feels like a bladder infection but I was told by my nurse practitioner that it was not.  (The test was negative).  She said sometimes toxins build up in the bladder and they need to be flushed out - or something to that effect.  So when I feel it coming on I know that I now have to drink about a gallon of water to get rid of the discomfort.  The last episode was right before my period - ovulation time - so I will now keep track to see if this is a recurrent theme.

Maureen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I have something similar. I had urinary tract infections all of my life, so I tried to stave them off with daily cranberry juice. Now that I have been on the gluten-free diet, I no longer get the infections, so I stopped drinking the cranberry juice. There is still something that persists that feels like a bladder infection. It feels like getting a chemical burn with a frequent urge to urinate. I tend to get it at the start of menstruation. I drink 1.5 to two gallons of water a day. Drinking large quantities of water that haven't been filtered by reverse osmosis could cause added diarrhea that will slow your recovery. I recently switched to filtered water (the grocery store has generic brands of water. I plan on getting an actual filter for the sink eventually) and went from 30 bm's a day down to 3-5 a day right away. The intestinal cramps are pretty much gone from that, too.

emeraldskies

Diagnosed through EnteroLab in 2004 - malabsorption, antigliadin and antitissue transglutaminase IgA antibodies to gluten, and anti-casein IgA antibodies

HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,6)

Gluten and casein free since diagnosis

Autoimmune thyroiditis

Hypocortisolism

Deficient levels of estradiol, estrone, pregnenolone, and testosterone

Low cholesterol (current levels: HDL-39, LDL-58, total-109, triglycerides-59)

Osteoporosis

Atrophic glossitis

Osteomalacia

Ataxia (gait and limb)

"All truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third it is accepted as self-evident."

- Arthur Schopenhauer

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MeganFletcher2019
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):