luvs2eat

Ugh... How Depressing Is This?

Rate this topic

I've been gluten free for more than 7 years and have finally come to the conclusion that my body has recently decided it has no more use for alcohol! I love a glass (or 3) of red or white wine or an ice cold vodka and tonic w/ extra lime or a very dirty martini or a frosty frozen peach margarita ... but the repercussions (urgent and explosive) the next morning are just not worth it anymore!

Anyone else had to give up all booze??

I can't overdo, or I have the same result.

I've been gluten free for more than 7 years and have finally come to the conclusion that my body has recently decided it has no more use for alcohol! I love a glass (or 3) of red or white wine or an ice cold vodka and tonic w/ extra lime or a very dirty martini or a frosty frozen peach margarita ... but the repercussions (urgent and explosive) the next morning are just not worth it anymore!

Anyone else had to give up all booze??

I had to years ago, but that was (and is) due to my sensitive kidneys and tendency to get candida overgrowth. If you don't have some condition like that, its likely your body's response is to recent addition of gluten to your favorite forms of alcohol.Vodka is often made with grain alcohol for instance (and not just potatoes as it should be!), which can include barley or wheat. Check your sources! Sometimes they say its safe since it is distilled, but for me just kissing someone who has drunk distilled whiskey is enough to cause me to get projectile D 24 hours later...I found out the hard way...

Greens Beer is safe I recall, being made from sorghum... And there are certain brands of vodka that are made from just potatoes. Wine should be OK unless they use regular wheat bread to float the yeast (as I used to do years ago when I made wine...). You will have to research it. Should be OK unless you are now allergic to potatoes (as I am!).

Bea

Good luck!