GarAndTeed

New Here...In Iowa.

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum & just wanted to say hello. I live in Iowa, and I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago. My GI symptoms have greatly improved since going gluten-free (I think I'm doing a pretty good job of reading labels & avoiding the stuff); however, a lot of the damage to my body isn't "fixable." It's a relief to be aware that I have celiac disease; at least I can take action to feel better instead of living in the proverbial "darkness."

Please feel free to say hi; if anyone lives in Iowa I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!

HI!! I am also from Iowa...Good to see someone from my neck of the woods. Was only diagnosed about 2 months ago, so I am VERY new to this still. I am having a pretty easy time so far though.

Any suggestions?

HI!! I am also from Iowa...Good to see someone from my neck of the woods. Was only diagnosed about 2 months ago, so I am VERY new to this still. I am having a pretty easy time so far though.

Any suggestions?

Hi Bobbijo!

Boy, I'm still learning myself! I ordered a couple of books; I'd highly recommend (not positive on title; friend is reading it)..I think it's The Gluten Free Bible...the author is a female, first name Jax. I got it used from Amazon; saved big $. Also, I was reading this forum the other day & I found a thread about personal care products (make-up, shampoo, lotion, etc.)...I keep getting sick & I think it may be from not using gluten-free products. I'm still trying to find companies who make gluten free stuff like that. Please feel free to email or give me a shout; I CAN tell you that eating gluten free has made a HUGE difference! BTW, I'm in IC... where are you?

Hope to hear back,

C*)

Hi!!

I am from the Quad Cities area. I have not yet bought or read any books on Celiac, my work and home life has been pretty hectic the last couple months and I need to make time to do it, but just haven't yet. I have not switched my makeup or hair care products, but seem to be doing ok with out that. I did read the labels and what I use doesn't list anything that I don't think I should have...If I have problems later I will look into them more. I really only had GI symptoms, along with fatigue and mild dizzyness. The only thing that really was bothersome though was the GI symptoms. Everything else is probably related to be so deficient in many many vitamins. I have been working really hard at getting my nutrient level up and so far the lethargy and dizzyness has gone away. Some on here talk about Withdrawl symptoms, but I really didn't experience that at all, and I don't seem to have any other intolerances either, Which I am SUPER thankful for.