glutenfreejenny

Ideas?

Rate this topic

Does anyone have any ideas on how to help raise awareness for celiac disease? Or food allergies??

I've been thinking about making a documentary. Going around interviewing people with celiac disease or food allergies. (I realize they are not the same, I just have both). I think that people have a view of people with allergies and celiac disease and it's wrong. They expect someone to be sickly looking and I want to change that.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks. :)

There is a definite need to get more information out there. Although the situation has improved vastly in the last two or three years, a vast majority of people still have no idea what gluten is, or what difficulties those with food allergies or intolerances encounter in their day-to-day living. A documentary would be a great way of doing this if you had a vehicle for its distribution.

I would suggest you contact the agencies at http://www.allergicchild.com/allergicorganization.htm and the various celiac organizations and support groups to try to raise interest in such a project. I am sure all sufferers would be willing to cooperate to get the word out, because it would make their lives so much easier. The important aspect to me, would be an appropriate vehicle for dissemination of the information. If you could line this up you might be able to get some funding for the project also.

I wish you much luck in this project.

Deleted by Mushroom as duplicate post.