Rate this topic

We are thinking about gettin one since now that I have gone gluten free I am not allergic! YEA! :lol: We live in a small house with a fair yard ( but pestisided unfourtunately, I wouldnt take him/her out there though :unsure: ) We have been reasearching dwarf rabbits for a while now, and we think we have the correct home for one. We were hoping to find an extremely small one that was litterbox trained. I need to know how you would go about getting electrical wires away from the little one. I also wanted to know if there was a gluten free rabbit pellet or if they could just live off of veggies, fruits and timothy hay. I also wanted a few good tips about having one. :D

We are thinking about gettin one since now that I have gone gluten free I am not allergic! YEA! :lol: We live in a small house with a fair yard ( but pestisided unfourtunately, I wouldnt take him/her out there though :unsure: ) We have been reasearching dwarf rabbits for a while now, and we think we have the correct home for one. We were hoping to find an extremely small one that was litterbox trained. I need to know how you would go about getting electrical wires away from the little one. I also wanted to know if there was a gluten free rabbit pellet or if they could just live off of veggies, fruits and timothy hay. I also wanted a few good tips about having one. :D

I've been on vacation or I would have responded sooner. I had a rabbit when we lived in a small townhouse. Great pet. They need time out of cage but need to be confined if you are not there. We pushed the furniture up against the wall so he couldn't get the wires behind them. I'm not sure what was in the pellets but mostly alfalfa or timothy hay. Timothy hay is better for adults as alfalfa has a lot of calcium for young buns if I remember right. Mine wasn't a fan of most fruit, but they do love veggies. Don't give watery things like iceburg lettuce or the red part of watermelon. Where we live there are rabbit rescue groups that can help you, too. We made a large enough cage to fit a litter box & give him room to move. No wire bottom as that is uncomfortable for little bun feet. He figured out how to open the cage & it took 2 or 3 different tries to find a closure he couldn't open. They love sweets like chocolate or cinnamon liquor (would lick the drips on the bottle on the bottom shelf.) I'm not saying to give that to him/her but as a warning. We took him out in our tiny yard to eat the grass but didn't put anything on the grass. Tried to eat any flowers I planted. Good luck!

We are thinking about adopting 2 dwarf rabbits for my kids to do 4H showing.

We only had our previous rabbit out when were able to watch him. They really are little fur balls of personality and fun. He loved bananas.

They have some listed on www. petfinder .com but the adoption prices are really high.

Good luck with your bun bun! :D

Thank You! I found a breeder, so I know where to get one. I'm going to start collecting the items through July becauce I'll have more time for it then. :lol: I have mountains of homework right now... :(

Thank You! I found a breeder, so I know where to get one. I'm going to start collecting the items through July becauce I'll have more time for it then. :lol: I have mountains of homework right now... :(

Yea!