GG-GFree

Dry Mouth Anyone?

Rate this topic

I was just diagnosed with Celiac Disease and have been Gluten Free for about two weeks now.

For the past three days, I have felt really dehydrated, thirsty, and can't seem to get rid of a dry mouth no matter how much water I drink. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if it's related to the gluten withdrawl.

I was just diagnosed with Celiac Disease and have been Gluten Free for about two weeks now.

For the past three days, I have felt really dehydrated, thirsty, and can't seem to get rid of a dry mouth no matter how much water I drink. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if it's related to the gluten withdrawl.

If I recall properly, people absorb 75% of the fluids we intake in our small intestines. So, if there is damage to the small intestine, as would be with Celiac Disease, it would make sense that absorptions of fluids would also be hindered.

Drink as much as your body wants. It's telling you what to do. You thirst will slack off after a while. Most likely when your body heals.