Shannonlass

Could This Be A Symptom Of Possible Glutening?

Rate this topic

Just wondering for those of you longer in the gluten-free lifestyle, TMI ALERTdid you find that if you ingested gluten accidentally that the back of your throat filled up with phlegm? After dinner tonight it happened. gluten-free pasta with home made arrabiata sauce. Only possible query I have is with some tomato paste/puree (ingredients in Arabic so really easy to figure out :blink:) I think I might have read somewhere that some people get this with garlic....not sure what to think. I feel fine other then that, no bloating, no gas, no churning bowels.

Just wondering for those of you longer in the gluten-free lifestyle, TMI ALERTdid you find that if you ingested gluten accidentally that the back of your throat filled up with phlegm? After dinner tonight it happened. gluten-free pasta with home made arrabiata sauce. Only possible query I have is with some tomato paste/puree (ingredients in Arabic so really easy to figure out :blink:) I think I might have read somewhere that some people get this with garlic....not sure what to think. I feel fine other then that, no bloating, no gas, no churning bowels.

I have had many symptoms: diarrhea, severe stomach cramping that only goes away with Rolaids (weird but true), and depression. Yet, I never had phlegm fill my throat from gluten. But everyone has different symptoms. Does this always happen when you eat gluten? I would look for the symptoms you usually get. I know right away when I get gluten because I am bent over holding my stomach.

It sounds like an allergic thing, I get that if I have something with MSG or for that matter gluten although I suspect I am one of the special ones who is also allergic to it since I can't be around it in the air either. I think it is your stomach's way of dealing with a substance you shouldn't have eaten. I know now that if I get that icky phlegmy feeling that I ate something I shouldn't have, ok more TMI then sometimes I end up throwing it up.