Rate this topic

I've been trying to do some research on the net about this, since I've had asthma since I was two. But I seem to get a lot of conflicting information, and no one seems to say definitively one way or another.

So does anyone here know? I figure here is a good place to ask. ;)

Is asthma an autoimmune disease or something else?

I don't think so. However it can be caused by inflammation. Celiac can cause severe extensive inflammation. There are a few of us on the board that have gotten relief from asthma gluten-free. Including me.

Asthma is a 2 step process whereby the muscles surrounding the airways constrict and then the inside of the airways get inflammation. I've already lost my exercise induced asthma after going gluten free.

Asthma is a 2 step process whereby the muscles surrounding the airways constrict and then the inside of the airways get inflammation. I've already lost my exercise induced asthma after going gluten free.

Or perhaps the other way around. The airways get inflamed and then they constrict.

It is nice to breathe free again isn't it? I can even go out in the cold now without having a coughing fit.

OMG yes, I can actually do endurance sports again and even pet cats!

This sounds fabulous! I also have asthma. Hoping it will go away now!