blondebombshell

Questions - Please Help...hives Or Dh?

Rate this topic

i have been battling this for about 2 years now; all of a sudden i woke up covered in small itchy hives from the waist down. my butt, thighs, CALVES, covered. i had constipation (for years - i'm talking for the last 10 i only go to the bathroom 1x a week). started to take some laxatives as per my doc, and my derm put me on antibiotics for acne.

WELL

went off the antibiotics, stopped laxatives...

all hell has broken lose. had an endoscopy and doc said i looked 'fine.' no evidence of celiac. i went gluten free and my hives went away. got pregnant, was able to eat whatever i wanted and life was great. now 11 months, post partum, it's all back. the bloating, the hives, the constipation. in fact the only time in my life i was ever 'regular' was when i was prego, lol!

ANY advice? i had blood work done (iga, igg?) and everything came back negative.

i dont want to give up hope.

ANY advice?

Are you on or off gluten? If you are on I suggest you go off :) It is quite possible to be non-celiac gluten intolerant; in fact for every celiac it is estimated by Dr. Rodney Ford that there are two to three gluten intolerants. It is possible that the hormonal changes of pregnancy gave you a "temporary vacation" from your gluten problems, just as for some people they precipitate celiac disease.

question. i stopped eating wheat for 2 days. tonight i had wheat; 3 hours ago and now i have new hives. would it happen like that? if taking it out for only 2 days then eating it again? would it cause new hives on my thighs?

I would think the way to find out is to stop eating it altogether :) Potatoes give me hives and I don't eat them :) For me it takes bit longer, about 4-6 hours.