nyctexangal

Reaction To Almond Butter?

Rate this topic

Hello amazing community! :D

I am 7 weeks gluten free and Celiac Positive. Today I tried Tree of Life Almond Butter and my nose starting running, the head started getting stuffy, and my chest pain started to get worse (my main symptom of Celiac has been severe chest pain/costochondritis for 3 1/2 year- OUCH).

Has anyone else had a reaction to Almond Butter? I'll call tomorrow and talk to the company once again, maybe it was CC....I'm at the point in the process where most things I put in my mouth cause my pain to increase except bananas. My tummy is TICKED at me. AHHH!!

Many Hugs to All! Thanks in advance! =)

I had secondary intolerances to all nuts and seeds for a few months after going gluten free. I also had issues with my sons dipping their gluteny stuff into the nut butters before they went gluten free as well. Shared household? And did you eat it plain or on something? These are the fun detective duties we get to perform when learning the ropes ;)

Thanks for sharing that! Maybe a secondary intolerance is what is is..hmmm...off to do more detective work. =) Thanks!

After I switched to a low-carb diet and started using almond flour, nuts and nut butter I developed an allergy to them, so it could be a true allergy. Skin testing with ditary elimination and challenge has been helpful for me.

After I switched to a low-carb diet and started using almond flour, nuts and nut butter I developed an allergy to them, so it could be a true allergy. Skin testing with ditary elimination and challenge has been helpful for me.

The same thing happened to me. I agree with the testing--both for "true" allergy and intolerance. For determining intolerance, elimination is the best way.

The same thing happened to me. I agree with the testing--both for "true" allergy and intolerance. For determining intolerance, elimination is the best way.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to share that with me! I'll definitely be doing the allergy and intolerance testing soon then....thanks so much!