Stine88

Baltimore Bars/pubs

Rate this topic

I'm new here, sorry if there's a similar topic, i can't seem to use the search on here well yet.

My boyfriend was diagnosed about a month ago and we live in the baltimore area. we like to out for happy hour and such. He's been sticking to rum& coke and other mixed drinks but i wanted to know if anything knows any places either in baltimore city, or in the towson/timonium area that serve hardcore ciders or even gluten free beer. he loves the hardcore ciders, and it's a nice sub for beer when we're cooking out at the house, i wanted to know which places serve it. so far i know 'The Charred Rib' in lutherville/timonium and i believe The Stil. Anyone know any others?

Go to Redbridgebeer.com and put in the zip code. There appears to be a lot of places that have Red Bridge in the area around the Ballpark.

I'm not sure about a bonafide gluten-free restaurant in the Baltimore area, however, I've eaten at Bahama Breeze restaurant in Towson, MD where they have great "naked" buffalo wings marinated in a gluten-free jerk sauce.

I've also eaten delicious gluten-free grilled pork chops with homemade mashed potatoes at a bar in Woodlawn called, The Windsor Inn.

Lastly, Sweet Sin Bakery and Cafe' is the daggone truth! It's an all-natural and gluten-free bakery that has breads, cakes, tarts, cupcakes, mini-desserts, cookies and brownies. They have about 15 different types of cupcakes! and they are so good. I didn't think it was possible to eat sweets again until I visited Sweet Sin. In addition, they make gluten-free soups and pasta dishes (the noodles aren't mushy). Sweet Sin is located in Baltimore City.

English and Irish pubs are your best bet for cider on tap. Back when I lived in Baltimore, the Cat's Eye pub and John Steven in Fell's Point always had cider on tap. Looks like the Cat's Eye has Woodpecker. http://www.catseyepub.com/ontap.html John Steven isn't listing any ciders on the website now, but you could call. Their seafood was always good too though I have no idea about gluten-free. http://www.johnstevenltd.com/