Rate this topic

I have a sinus infection and my allergies brought on my asthma. So I'm currently on Amoxicillin, Dallergy and Pro Air inhaler. I am celiac and have to avoid corn. I believe I am reacting to Amoxicillin because four hours after I took my first dose I developed really tiny hives on my forearms. They went away after 30 minutes though. So I'm not sure if I should try taking my second dose and see what happens. Doctor's office is closed. I cannot find another antibiotic that is not penicillin related, corn free and wheat free. Any suggestions what I should do?

call the pharmacy. Call the ER and find out if they have triage nurse that can answer your question.

CALL OR GO TO THE ER (especially w/ the hives!)

Amox is a derivative of Penicillin - and if you are allergic to it and have a mild reaction now, you could have a more severe to deadly reaction in the future.

If you really can't get to one and you aren't sure call your insurance company and ask them for assistance and tell them you had a severe allergic reaction.

DO NOT MESS AROUND w/ WAITING!

I called the pharmacist and she told me to stop taking it. The hives went away within an hour, I'm fine. I found out there were 4 ingredients in the amoxicillin that were corn related and that is what I reacted to.

I called the pharmacist and she told me to stop taking it. The hives went away within an hour, I'm fine. I found out there were 4 ingredients in the amoxicillin that were corn related and that is what I reacted to.

Make sure they note this in your chart and remind them to check the meds at each script.