Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhiltonlittle

Fruits And Vegetables!

These might be good to dip these rolls in.

Here's a sweet dip:

Pina Colada Dip

2 6oz containers of fat free vanilla yogurt

1 tsp rum extract or dark rum

2 Tblsp toasted flaked coconut

2 tblsp chopped pineapple

Mix.

Here's a spicy dip:

3 tbsp creamy or chunky PB 1 tsp sesame oil

5 Tsp salad oil 1 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)

4 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce 2 tbsp minced green onions

4 tbsp sugar 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro

4 tsp white vinegar

In a jar with a tight lid, mix the PB & oil well.

Add everything else. Put lid on & shake. Leave on counter 3-5 hours. Shake when you go by. This lets the sugar & flavors meld. Spicy & even more spicy the second day.

This weekend I tried the rice wrappers for the first time. They were a total success. I sliced some fresh mushrooms thinly and chopped some cooked shrimp and sauteed them in dairy free margarine. I added about 1 1/2 cups of sticky rice and added some gluten-free sweet chili sauce and a bit of Chinese hot mustard. I prepared the wraps one at a time by dipping them in hot water and laying on a linen towel. I added a scoop of the rice mixture and topped with a couple of slices of avocado. I rolled them up. It made 9 rolls. I ate one just the way it was and dipped it into some sweet chili sauce mixed with a bit of gluten-free soy sauce. It was delicious. For dinner I pan fried a couple of rolls in a tiny bit of oil, turning them over - excellent results. Next time I will forgo the oil and just spray the pan with Pam. I wrapped the leftovers in plastic wrap separating each roll. The next day I tried baking them, but the results weren't great. They got a little tough and the sides split so some of the avocado came out. I think the best way to eat them is fresh or pan sauteed. I am definitely going to try more recipes using them.

Oh my gosh... that sounds delicious!

Fresh (raw) asparagus is awesome. Dipped in garlic and extra virgin olive oil is even better. :D

Sliced avocado with a little bit of sea salt and cayenne pepper sprinkled over them.

Wash a collard green leaf and a red swiss chard leaf. Strip the stems out - but save them, excellent fiber in the stem, slice the stem into pieces and use it as a salad garnish. Take the washed leaves and use the collard green on the outside, make a wrap with them using hummus, alfalfa or bean sprouts, and some diced chicken.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Hi!   Sorry no one had your exact symptoms.  Do you have celiac disease?  Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease that attacks the small intestine.  Once destroyed digesting foods can be difficult because enzymes can not be released, et...
    Sorry, but I am not familiar with those tests.  They are not standard for celiac disease testing which does require you to be on a full gluten diet months before a blood draw or weeks before an endoscopy.   Your symptoms could be celiac di...
    Did you have any positives on the celiac blood tests?  Small intestinal damage can be spotty since it is larger than the size of a tennis court!   If you went on an elimination diet, you probably avoided foods that you had intolerances t...