LisaaaNoel

Problems With Diarrhea

Rate this topic

If I truly do have a gluten intolerance, would I be experiencing D daily? I seem to go back and forth between C and D. Then every few weeks I'll wake up with terrible watery D for a day or 2. What were your patterns like prior to being diagnosed?

For me the D started out being a once or twice a week thing, then it went to daily, then it went to day and night. I did have a period for a while where I went back and forth between C and D. I think quite a few of us do. You may want to think about getting tested. You must still be eating gluten so don't go gluten free before the tests. Tests can be a false negative so after all testing is done, including the endo if you choose to do one, start a strict trial of the diet. False negatives are not uncommon so even if the test results are negative do give the diet a shot.

I was all over the place. Anywhere from once or twice a month to daily. Sometimes C, but less often.

I alternated constantly between constipation and diarrhoea for about a year prior to being diagnosed.