Bev111

Confused About Condiments

Rate this topic

I have a list of condiments. Can you tell me if I should be worried about any of these.

Beef Broth, Bar B Q sauce, salsa, Mollases, corn syrup, icing sugar, white vinegar, tomatoe paste, malt vinegar, chocolate and also Presco Wine, Lemonade Concentrate, Lemoncello, quava juice.

I have my food down but don;t know if Gluten is snecking into my diet from different condiments.

I have a list of condiments. Can you tell me if I should be worried about any of these.

Beef Broth, Bar B Q sauce, salsa, Mollases, corn syrup, icing sugar, white vinegar, tomatoe paste, malt vinegar, chocolate and also Presco Wine, Lemonade Concentrate, Lemoncello, quava juice.

I have my food down but don;t know if Gluten is snecking into my diet from different condiments.

I know that malt vinegar is NOT okay, barely malt is usually the source. Make sure to check Beef Broth and BBQ sauce, some are okay and some are not. The other things are usually okay, but not always. Read the ingredients and beyond the obvious gluten ingredients, remember that natural and artificial flavors sometimes contain gluten. If in doubt Google the specific product for or call the company.

In short, yes you need to worry about these types of items. People new to the gluten-free diet often overlook these items at first. :)

Beef Broth can have barley in it so check the label. Pacific is a good brand.

BBQ sauce can have wheat in it so read the label. Sweet Baby Rays is a good brand.

Malt Vinegar is not gluten-free.

Chocolate can have barley in it so read the label.

Don't recall seeing a salsa with gluten in it but it wouldn't hurt to read the label.

Some enchilada sauces have wheat so maybe a salsa could. Many beef & chicken broths & boullions have wheat. Read the ingredients & check websites.

I think what you really need to do is learn to read labels so you can figure this out for yourself.

Differing brands have vastly different ingredients and, unless you post all of the ingredients for these products, no one here will know for sure either. Calling companies to verify gluten-free status is something we all need to do from time to time so you may want to try that.