tomtom009

Excersise During Recovery?

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free for about 7 weeks, (although 3 weeks ago I'm pretty sure I was glutened). I enjoy working out, running, weights, etc. Should I be cautious of my stomach during the first 6 months of recovery? Is it okay to do abdominal exercises? Is there anything I should know? thanks

I have been gluten free for about 7 weeks, (although 3 weeks ago I'm pretty sure I was glutened). I enjoy working out, running, weights, etc. Should I be cautious of my stomach during the first 6 months of recovery? Is it okay to do abdominal exercises? Is there anything I should know? thanks

I work out all the time, and did whatever I wanted, and it was fine. Don't worry about abdominal exercises. If they're bothering you, get your core workout from other things (planks, squats, etc - lower body exercises in general work the core really hard, as do cardio workouts like spinning and swimming). I didn't have any problems, though.

Exercise is a fantastic way to get your blood circulating, if you're still feeling completely zapped of energy you might want to back off the intensity of your workouts but I don't think you should avoid them.

its actually not an energy problem as much a stomach problem. The only symptom of Celiac's I've ever had has been bloating, and after I exercise it seems to get worse.