PacifiGirl

Is This What Being Glutened Feels Like?

Rate this topic

I'm still a new gluten free girl. Before being diagnosed with celiac disease I had *NONE* of the gastro issues often associated with the disease. I've been diliberately gluten-free since my diagnosis last month. I'm wondering if I was accidentally glutened by tonight's dinner. What are your symptoms of being glutened?

Two hours after eating, I got a sharp, almost labor like pain in my stomach. Now I just feel like I've got a big lump in there. I'm not nauseous or anything else. Wondering if that's what it is or if I have some other issue altogether. :P

I think it's different for everybody. When I eat gluten I don't get stomach pains. My legs really hurt and I get really exhausted.

Yep its different for everyone. I don't get GI symptoms unless I get a big dose of gluten. My symptoms are really bad body aches, joint aches and brain fog/exhaustion for about two weeks!!

My symptoms show up the next day - achy achilles tendons being the most noticeable

About 6 hours after eating gluten I notice that I start to bloat from the cramps and inflamation in the small intestine. Some people have painful intestinal cramps by I usually don't. My feet and legs start tingling and I can't sleep at night, become depressed and have brain fog and confusion and often my throat swells so have difficulty swallowing food and capsules. Maybe a week or more on I get swelling in my knees, sharp random pains like I'm being pinched and if it's a large dose like the wheat crackers I ate by mistake last fall I get patches of rough itchy skin on my back and face and I get itchy bumps in my hair.