Rate this topic

Hello to everyone that has been diagnosed with sibo. I, myself was diagnosed almost two years ago after 2 colonoscopys, 2 endoscopys, 2 ultrasounds and finally 2 breath tests. Not to mention 4 doctors of Gastroentronology. I have been on rounds of all types of anitbiotics, usually two at a time for 10 days. Also, tried various herbs and digestive suppliments. None of them worked. My severe pain and bloating always came back and sometimes lasted for days. Had to go to the emergency room twice for the pain. I am not over weight, drink at least 60oz of water daily and excercise about 4 to 5 days a week. I am writing to all of you because I felt I couldn't answer each question with what I have discovered that has completely worked for me for the last 6 months.

Here's my story. After seeing my 4th Gastroentronologist at the beginning of December 09, I decided to opt out of another round of antibiotics and do a cleanse instead. I have done about 4 herbal cleanses in the past hoping they would help. Now normally I would have gone to Whole Foods to buy the pricey all-natural cleanse including pure aloe vera juice and probiotics but instead I went to the market and for some strange reason, which I still cannot explain, I ended up buying Benefiber for $12.99. I must tell you all that I LOVE IT and have been PAIN FREE with a flat stomache again for six months!!! It has been the complete miracle drug for me. I haven't felt this good in 5 years! I can eat whatever I want again and as a matter of fact have put on 10 pounds! But I don't care. I can eat chocolate, red meat, bread and even drink coffee now. This might sound like one big add for this product (they should be paying me, the way I promote it) but I am a real 43 year old mother of two and a wife. This product has given me my healthy life back and I still can't believe it. I am telling anyone who will listed to try it and let me know if it works for you. In good health. : )

Hello to everyone that has been diagnosed with sibo. I, myself was diagnosed almost two years ago after 2 colonoscopys, 2 endoscopys, 2 ultrasounds and finally 2 breath tests. Not to mention 4 doctors of Gastroentronology. I have been on rounds of all types of anitbiotics, usually two at a time for 10 days. Also, tried various herbs and digestive suppliments. None of them worked. My severe pain and bloating always came back and sometimes lasted for days. Had to go to the emergency room twice for the pain. I am not over weight, drink at least 60oz of water daily and excercise about 4 to 5 days a week. I am writing to all of you because I felt I couldn't answer each question with what I have discovered that has completely worked for me for the last 6 months.

Here's my story. After seeing my 4th Gastroentronologist at the beginning of December 09, I decided to opt out of another round of antibiotics and do a cleanse instead. I have done about 4 herbal cleanses in the past hoping they would help. Now normally I would have gone to Whole Foods to buy the pricey all-natural cleanse including pure aloe vera juice and probiotics but instead I went to the market and for some strange reason, which I still cannot explain, I ended up buying Benefiber for $12.99. I must tell you all that I LOVE IT and have been PAIN FREE with a flat stomache again for six months!!! It has been the complete miracle drug for me. I haven't felt this good in 5 years! I can eat whatever I want again and as a matter of fact have put on 10 pounds! But I don't care. I can eat chocolate, red meat, bread and even drink coffee now. This might sound like one big add for this product (they should be paying me, the way I promote it) but I am a real 43 year old mother of two and a wife. This product has given me my healthy life back and I still can't believe it. I am telling anyone who will listed to try it and let me know if it works for you. In good health. : )

I see this is your first post. Welcome! You do understand that this is a board for people with gluten intolerance/Celiac Disease and that you are recommending a product with wheat dextrin, right? That can be dangerous for people here. Just trying to protect the newbies...

I'm sure am glad that you found something to help you feel better!

Here is what they say on their faqs page: http://www.benefiber.com/fiberHealth/faqs.shtml

9.Does wheat dextrin contain gluten?

Benefiber Powder, which contains less than 20 ppm of gluten and is therefore considered "gluten-free," based on both the FDA and the Codex Alimentarius Commission's proposed definition of less than 20 ppm. However, people who experience gluten intolerance should not consume any products, including Benefiber, that contain any level of gluten unless otherwise directed by their doctor.