Rate this topic

Good Sunday morning !

In the past two years, I have had a terrible reaction to I have no idea what... my lips became horribly inflamed, both times it happened I happened to be a work, which was good because that's when I worked for my doctor.

He's been my doctor since I was 12 and I ended up working for him for six years. We couldn't trace the source of the reaction. Once we thought it was a pickle and once we thought it was yellow Vitamin water. I'm sure both times I had a sandwich with each of those, cuz it was after lunch.

Both times he gave me so many shots and kept taking my BP and I could tell he was very very concerned about the severe reaction. He wouldn't let me out of the exam room even to do my work.

He rx'd me an epipen but it never happened after those two times. Then I started getting hives all along my jawline whenever I'd eat out, sometimes when I'd eat in. And every time I eat a meal - even a gluten-free meal now - I sneeze at least 10-15 times and my eyes water, etc., happened just last night. It never happens when I eat a snack, only a full meal.

Ok, them's the facts! Just something I've been wondering about being linked to all this other business. Whatcha think!? :)

MSG?

I would suggest keeping a food and beverage diary for a while and see if there is something that you are consuming at each of those meals. Then eliminate that item and see if it helps.

And be sure you look at spices and additives in your diary... I don't know what they use for color in the yellow vitamin water, but some pickles do have added coloring agents.

I did a mild version of that a few weeks ago after I accidentally ate gluten-- more of a classic food allergy reaction. We also thought it could have been something environmental, weren't sure. Very confusing and kinda funny. (peculiar funny not haha funny).