Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Janelee63

I Do Not Believe My Doctor.

Sorry to have missed your post - I was a little indisposed when it came up and missed it :rolleyes: .

When I go to a restaurant I sometimes feel like I am "food" free, but at home it's no problem.

For breakfast I usuallly have either a yogurt smoothie or the yogurt itself with sliced almonds, (sometimes a sprinkle of a rice cereal), strawberries, blueberries, banana - whatever fruit(s) strike my fancy.

At home I have a bakery that will bake me up buckwheat bread without the potato starch they normally put in and it is soft and moist and yummy; while here in the U.S. I usually have to bake my own (just for me - hubby can eat that store-bought stuff, no, no, just kidding, I do share but not a lot).

So for lunch I sometimes make myself a BLT and I can just hear you saying, but she said she couldn't eat nightshades!! Well, I have found that it is cooked tomato that really does me in; I can get away with a little fresh tomato without consequences. I also will do a grilled cheese or ham and cheese. But usually I will do a fresh salad with any of the things I can have, but especially avocado, carrot and cucumber, and a homemade dressing.

For dinner I can have any meat except regular beef in the U.S. - here I have to have organic - or fish, usually with rice, gluten-free pasta from rice, or half a baked sweet potato or sweet potato oven-baked chips, or mashed, broccoli, cauliflower, swiss chard, squash, carrots, parsnips, turnips, rutabaga, another salad maybe.

In between I snack on carrots, almonds, apples (cookies!! :o -some I don't even have to make myself)

But eating out is a whole different story, but it is doable at the right (usually upper end) restaurant.

Not a problem. I appreciate you taking to time to explain!

Thank you so much for all the information. I am going to work on sucking it up to try this for awhile and see if it works. What kind of alcohol do you drink? I feel certain beer is not allowed.

There are gluten-free beers which are a bit sweeter than regular beer. Hard ciders are sweet. Wine. I think there is a list you could google.

Thank you so much for all the information. I am going to work on sucking it up to try this for awhile and see if it works. What kind of alcohol do you drink? I feel certain beer is not allowed.

Most beer is strictly of limits because it is brewed from barley and/or wheat. Redbridge is brewed from sorghum grain, which is also a good nutritional grain for baking if you haven't come across it yet. There are a couple of other gluten-free beers which I haven't tried, Bard's Tale is one.

I drink Bacardi rum (made from cane sugar), many drink rum and coke but I am not a coke person. Gin is distilled from juniper berries and is okay, but not everyone likes it. Ah, a good martini! Some people have problems with vodka made from grain, but if you buy the (more expensive, I believe) vodka made from potatoes... but obviously I don't do that because of the potatoes.

All wine should be okay, but you can possibly react to something else in the wine. Red wines bother some - it is either the tannins or something else. White wine would be a safer bet to start with.

VODKA MARTINI, STRAIGHT UP, 2 OLIVES :-) Make sure you ask for potato vodkas: Chopin, Lukasowa, or Ciroc vodka which is made from grapes

VODKA MARTINI, STRAIGHT UP, 2 OLIVES :-) Make sure you ask for potato vodkas: Chopin, Lukasowa, or Ciroc vodka which is made from grapes

I avoid all vodkas, especially the potato brands :o Tanqueray gin, shaken, but agree - two olives (small ones) - dh calls it a martunus :blink:

how's it going so far?

Grrrrrrr...I don't like it....I don't feel any different. And I wish I knew for sure if this is really what I have. I can fix simple foods at home....no problem. But I love to eat out. BIG PROBLEM....