Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

minniejack

Pittsburgh, Pa Monterey Bay

Wow! This is by far the most fantastic gluten free dining experience in two years. The restaurant sits at the top of a high apartment building in Mount Washington so the view is breathtaking of the city. The elevator whisks you from the parking level straight to the restaurant--me who is afraid of heights did have to grab the side of the car as the glass enclosed elevator rode to the top.

The food, many dishes can be prepared gluten free, the owner's daughter is celiac so the restaurant is very aware of the issues. Warm Tapioca rolls were brought to the table, the best, hands down, best French Onion soup I've ever had, gluten or gluten free was savored. And I had for the first time in 2 years, a fantastic crab cake that was more crab than cake with a light sauce on top. A salad with a ginger vinaigrette. We chose a chocolate latte that had choc cake, syrup and cream on top and creme brulee. There was also a fruit infused sangria that we could've chosen.

Fresh seafood is their specialty, but they do have beef and chicken dishes, too.

Here's a link to their site: http://www.montereybayfishgrotto.com/pittsburgh/

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):