Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roda

Bright Pink Fruit Dip

My 5 year old and I made this fruit dip today. It is out of a cookbook he got for Christmas last year. It is super easy to make and was a big hit with both of my boys. The rest of the book is really cute, has text and picture directions for the kids, easy and I'm sure alot of the recipes could be adapted to gluten free. The title is Pretend Soup And Other Real Recipes A Cookbook For Preschoolers and Up by Mollie Katzen and Ann Henderson.

Recipe:

1 ten-ounce package sweetened raspberries, defrosted

1/2 cup (4 ounces) softened cream cheese

1 cup firm yogurt

2 teaspoons lemon juice

Place the raspberries (including all their liquid) and cream cheese in a blender or food processor, and puree until uniform. Transfer to a bowl. Add yogurt and lemon juice, and whisk "until it is all one color." Serve.

Note This recipe calls for frozen sweetened raspberries. If you are using fresh raspberries or frozen unsweetened, add about 2 or 3 tablespoons sugar or honey (to taste).

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

YUM!

Why do you call this a dip? I think I would eat it with a spoon!

That is what the author calls it. I agree with you on the spoon :P . After we made it I couldn't stop licking the spatula. :lol:

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.