Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

curiousgirl

Inhaling?

I'm wondering of my hair spray is a problem. And, I use scrubbin bubbles to clean in bathroom. Just ajax or comet in kitchen. Love Caldrea products (room freshioner, lotion, soap). But...........

I love what I do, and feel that it matters. How could anything be more fun?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm wondering of my hair spray is a problem. And, I use scrubbin bubbles to clean in bathroom. Just ajax or comet in kitchen. Love Caldrea products (room freshioner, lotion, soap). But...........

I don't know about the others but ALOT of hairspray contains wheat!!

You could probably search through a lot of old threads on if inhaling certain things produce symptoms. Gluten hitting your lungs shouldn't be a problem - instead the gluten has to hit your intestines.

One thing to consider, however, is that anything going into your nose and mouth could potentially hit your stomach - since it's all connected.

I'm not paranoid about the whole inhaling thing. However a few months back I made cobbler for my boys with regular Bisquick, I didn't eat it, of course, but two hours later I was sick. I think I perhaps breathed some of the Bisquick, which may have stuck to mucous in my nose or mouth, then I swallowed the mucous.

Have you ever spray painted, then blew your nose and it was the color of the paint?

If you have a choice between something that's airborne with gluten and without, I'd say just pick the gluten-free one.