Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jodi2010

Leg Swelling?

I have been doing so well for so long that i forgot about some of the things that can happen...well, i dont know what "got" me because i am usually very careful, but i got hit really hard this time..Been very sick for 4 days now with all the usual stuff, just magnified this time along with really swollen lower legs. They are painful and i feel i might "pop" a vein anytime, i'm not sure if this is because of the fluid build up or what. Its been a long while since my legs acted up..Do any of you ever have this happen?. I tend to think that all my symptoms are inter-related to the celiacs but maybe this isn't? The only thing i can think of that might have gotten me is oatmeal. But i always heard oats were ok.. i am a cream of rice girl in the morning, but ran out and just grabbed oatmeal for the last few days, something i don't normally eat. Anyway i should be fine in a couple more days, the leg thing is just bothering me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I get swelling in my ankles 2 to 3 days after eating cow's milk, even butter. I figured this out by eliminating cow's milk and later on a test showed I had ann allergy to cow's milk. With butter the swelling is mild and only in the ankles but larger amounts cause more swelling and continued use causes the lower leg to bloat. I can get the swelling to go down by wrapping the lower leg in an ace bandage.

DQ6/DQ8

HLA-DQ B allele 1 *0602: HLA-DQ B allele 2 *0302

Gluten free and Cow Dairy free since 2006

I get swelling in my feet and lower calves when I eat some things. So I try not to eat them things. I was drinking some instant Lipton Iced Tea recently during the hot weather and got the swellies. Went away several days after I stopped the tea. I don't usually drink tea, and now I have another reason not too.

This site talks about edema (swelling) and food allergies a bit. Might be interesting.

Diagnose me

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul