Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KYM

My Symptoms Sound Like Celiac

I have multiple symptoms that fit with Celiac Disease, most recently pale, almost white, stool. This lasted almost four days and is just now returning to "normal" color. I've never been tested and want to be sure I ask for the approriate testing when I talk to my doctor.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome!

These are the celiac tests to ask for:

total iga serum

Tissue Transglutamas Iga & Igg

Antigliadin Iga & Igg

Endomysial Antibodies

Probably should have your vitamins checked too.

Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.

2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.

Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.

So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!

My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.

I have multiple symptoms that fit with Celiac Disease, most recently pale, almost white, stool. This lasted almost four days and is just now returning to "normal" color. I've never been tested and want to be sure I ask for the approriate testing when I talk to my doctor.

Thanks.

Pale white stool is also a gall bladder symptom. Get the celiac panel and ask for a GI referral for the gall bladder.

Good call. That sounds like gall stones potentially. An ultrasound of the gallbladder would help tell if there's inflammation or stones.