Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

srall

Is Benadryl Safe?

I'm asking this question here rather than the children's forum because it gets more traffic. My daughter is having a bad reaction to corn syrup and has hives all over her body (won't even go into the crazy behavior...I'm sure most of us can relate) She is gluten free...can I give her (children's) benadryl? My gluten free app doesn't have drugs listed

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't see any gluten ingredients, and everything in the liquids and tablets is listed on their website.

http://www.benadryl.com/#/Childrens_Products/

It looks like Benadryl is keeping all the "big 8" allergens out of their products because I don't see any corn syrup or starch either.

I'm asking this question here rather than the children's forum because it gets more traffic. My daughter is having a bad reaction to corn syrup and has hives all over her body (won't even go into the crazy behavior...I'm sure most of us can relate) She is gluten free...can I give her (children's) benadryl? My gluten free app doesn't have drugs listed

Here's a list of medications that are supposed to be gluten-free. Always double check the label and/or the manufacturer's website.

Loey

http://dearpharmacist.com/?p=755&print=1

Thanks Loey. Maybe as time goes on I'll be more familiar with what the ingredients are. Of course with my daughter I had to make sure there wasn't corn syrup too because that was causing the extreme reaction. Hopefully that Benadryl will just expire because we won't eat an offending food again. And won't need Advil because no more headaches, and no Rolaids because we won't have indigestion...

Thanks Loey. Maybe as time goes on I'll be more familiar with what the ingredients are. Of course with my daughter I had to make sure there wasn't corn syrup too because that was causing the extreme reaction. Hopefully that Benadryl will just expire because we won't eat an offending food again. And won't need Advil because no more headaches, and no Rolaids because we won't have indigestion...

I'll keep you in my prayers!

Loey smile.gif

My Immodium expired, my Tums expired, I hardly ever need Benedryl now (though I am on Singulair), and the rare times I need Pepto Bismol when I've been glutened or sick I usually have to go buy a fresh bottle!

My Immodium expired, my Tums expired, I hardly ever need Benedryl now (though I am on Singulair), and the rare times I need Pepto Bismol when I've been glutened or sick I usually have to go buy a fresh bottle!

:D:D:D

I went through my medicine cabinet a couple of months ago and had to toss a bunch of those type meds too. My immodium had expired over 3 years ago! To think I used to have to buy a new box almost every week for almost 10 years!!!! Boy is that a good feeling as those meds get tossed in the wastebasket.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)