Igg postive

Celiac Disease Comprehensive

Rate this topic

Hi I am a newbie. Received labs from doctor.

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG 31 (positive)

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA 4 (negative)

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA <1 (Don

Hi I am a newbie. Received labs from doctor.

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG 31 (positive)

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA 4 (negative)

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA <1 (Don

The endoscopy isn't bad at all. You're given cold medications so you're drowsy

oh c@#$, :lol: i was totally ready to tell you you were Iga Deficient- and then i scrolled down to your Iga number-

anyways- most of your tests are negative including that ttg at <1.... but that newer test the deamidated antigliadin is positive- so you at the very least have gluten intolerance, probable Celiac.... it's a good thing your doctor ordered a nice complete panel- as you can see- you need as many pieces to the puzzle- as many false negatives can occur.

Thanks for the reply (not the c@#$, LOL) So since my other IGA (deamidated gliadin was 4 and my t-Transglutaminase IGA was <1) is higher it does not indicate a IGA deficiency? Could I have a tendency or degree of IGA deficiency? I look up some of the symptoms for children. Being sick as a child with infections was my lot. Can one grow out of deficiency? Just wondering.

Thanks for the reply (not the c@#$, LOL) So since my other IGA (deamidated gliadin was 4 and my t-Transglutaminase IGA was <1) is higher it does not indicate a IGA deficiency? Could I have a tendency or degree of IGA deficiency? I look up some of the symptoms for children. Being sick as a child with infections was my lot. Can one grow out of deficiency? Just wondering.

The test that indicates you are not IGA deficient is this one:

Immunoglubulin A, 173

This is right in the middle of normal range (it is the total serum IGA).

• Upvote 1

The test that indicates you are not IGA deficient is this one:

Immunoglubulin A, 173

This is right in the middle of normal range (it is the total serum IGA).

Mushroom,- Thanks for the clarification. I go to the GI doctors soon. I was hoping to get around the biospy. I am sort of the indepentent type and hate asking for someone to take me for the biopsy. Has there been any advancement in using the pill cam for diagnosis?