rainy44874

Yeast Infection

Rate this topic

Hello, I'm new to the board so please bear with me. About two and a half years ago I was diagnosed with an assumed celiac's. I refused to take the test because I had already gotten off gluten, but I have fibromyalgia, an uncle with celiac's disease, and gluten sensitivity. Anyways, fast forward to about five weeks ago. I accidentally had two whole wheat tortillas over two days. I'm pretty sensitive--extremely small amounts will set me off, though my reactions are typically mild. Anyways--for me this was a huge amount of wheat. At the time I didn't have any extreme reaction--just diarrhea. However, approximately a week later I got a yeast infection which I treated at first homeopathically and then with over the counter medicines. Each time it would start to get better and then return. Plus I've noticed mucous in my stool. So, its clearly in my intestinal tract. Anyways I finally am breaking down and are am calling on monday for a doctor's appointment. I think the yeast infection is a reaction to the exposure to the wheat--but I'm not sure. Has anybody had similar symptoms. Please let me know...I really appreciate you taking the time. Thank you!

Hi, welcome to the board. I don't know that I have had a yeast infection but I have had plenty of other symptoms. There are quite a few threads about yeast problems around though so maybe one of them can help you.

YOu need to be careful with yeast infections. A accidental "glutenning" can cause Candida, which may actually be contributing to your Fibromyalgia symptoms. When I accidently eat gluten I feel sick, but it can get worse and worse after a few days. I stopp gluten over a year ago and still wasnt feeling well at all. I was dizzy, short of breath, dsevere stomach issues, massive anxiety, excruciating joint pain, etc. I saw 20 different doctors and found no help. Eventually I saw a homeopathic doc who tested my yeast levels...I was at +4, which is like off the charts high...after 5 weeks of diflucan and "starving" the infection, all my symptoms have disappeared. With your Fibromylagia I would really consider getting yoru yeast levels tested or do an all natural over the counter yeast cleanse. You feel worse at first when you experiance the "die off" but after that you really feel much much better. They told me I had fibromylagia and wanted me to take anti depressents. After getting rid of the yeast all the joint pain is gone, and apparently an internal yeast infection of yoru gut can actually cause fibromylgia...so good luck to you and I hope this helps!