Rate this topic

My son is 16 months old and he's been sick a great deal for the last 9months. He gets fevers every 3-4 weeks. At first the doctors didn't link that with Celiac, but once he was diagnosed they told me that his immune system was very taxed. (I had been telling them this for months....)

Anyways, right now he's been running a 104+ fever. How do I get his immune system back on track? I was told because his gut was so sick that he's more prone to get ill.

He was back in the ER (because the urgent care wouldn't see him due to his history) and I found out he's lost close to a pound since last week Friday. He eats and eats and eats. Have any of you had to have iv supplemental nutrition for your little ones? It seems like that is the direction this is heading.

This is very overwhelming right now. Any advice or knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ack! I just typed a response to you and lost it.

My daughter's fevers went away after going gluten free. She's 7 1/2 and hasn't had one fever since going gluten free in October. She does still have a lot of stomach issues. I think it can take awhile to get back on track. I know in adults in can take from 6 months to 2 years to really heal. I would imagine kids are more resilient and would heal much faster. Poor little guy. I hope he recovers quickly!