canutillo

My Test Results

Rate this topic

I had a celiac panel done in 2008. My gi told me it was negative, but a derm dx'd me with dh after that. I have been gluten free since the derm, so about one year and am doing great.

But I just pulled my records and am wondering about the results:

t-Transglutaminase (tTG)AB IgA <3 <r>

Endomysium Ab IgA TNP<r>

Gliadin Ab IgA 6<r>

IgA 150<r>

Transglutaminase Ab IgG TNP<r>

Endomysium Ab IgA TNP <r>

Does TNP mean that there was none found? What do the numbers mean?

This is more of an idle curiousity because you'd be hard pressed to get me to go back to eating gluten (this morning- for the first time in 4 years!- I don't have any open sores on my legs). But I am curious since my son is having the same panel done and we are hoping for the results Monday or Tuesday.

edited because I can't spell

Thanks!

Edited by canutillo

Were there any other numbers on the paper? There should have been reference ranges. Usually the first numbers are the reference ranges and the second set of numbers is the reference range.

I don't know what the TNP means. I do know that not everyone with DH will show up on a celiac panel and even some folks without DH can have a false negative.

Is your son showing symptoms? If he is having rashes do get him tested for DH. If he is having other symptoms do give him a trial on the diet after you are done with testing. Children have an even higher rate of false negatives than adults.

I would assume TNP means test not performed

That was the complete lab report. The only other info is just my personal info.

My son is having a variety of systems to include rashes. He was also just dx'd with psoriasis.

Why do they not run some tests? Is it based on the results of the other tests?

Thanks!