scottyg354

Blood? Not Sure

Rate this topic

I've been having stomach issues for a while now. Recently one has been catching my eye. I get these tiny red pieces, maybe about the size of a grain of pepper. They almost remind me of tiny blood clots. I got a cue tip the other day and pressed on one, and it took some effort to get it to smear (pressing and rubbing)not trying to sound gross, when they did they smeared red. I only see these when I have D which is making me think it could be from my small intestines. The only red things I remember eating recently are cherry tomatoes and red bell peppers and that was like 4-5 days again.

Question is could this be blood, or do you think its remements of the tomatoes and peppers.

PS: This isn't the first time I've seen this. Not sure what it is

My vote is for peppers and tomato but if you are concerned ask your doctor to do a occult blood stool test. I think blood clots in the stool would likely look black not red and fresh red blood would be from the very end of the GI tract, usually hemmie related and wouldn't be hard to squish. I am not a medical professional so if you are worried to call your doctor.

I'm guessing it's something you ate. Red blood in stool means that it would be coming out of your colon - and most likely closer to your anus (think hemorrhoids). Any blood that comes from the small intestine will be black as tar in your stool.

I vote for food too. Before I was diagnosed, I found all manner of undigested vegetables.

Blood clots seems highly unlikely but run it by your doctor just the same.