HollyG

Waiting For Biopsy Results!

Rate this topic

After many years of iron deficient anemia, my Dr. decided to test for celiac.

The antibody test was negative.

The gene test was positive.

My symptoms seem to indicate celiac as well.

I had a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy performed at the same time 1 week ago.

No test results yet.

I hope to hear something later today.

In the meantime, my anemia feels worse than it ever has before.

I'm OK in the morning, but by 2pm, I just feel hollow. Empty. It's awful.

I think to myself, going for a long walk outside would be awesome....then my legs burn just to get out the door.

I just want an answer to this already!

I can't concentrate because I'm anxious to hear something and my anemia makes it virtually impossible.

Sorry for the rant :(

I'm no expert - haven't even been diagnosed yet (positive blood test, negative blood test, negative endoscopy, waiting for biopsy results) but if you are finished with the testing and just waiting for the results, why not try the gluten free diet to see if it helps? If your test is positive, you'll have to start it anyway, and if it is negative, you can still try it to see if it helps.

I started it BEFORE I was finished with the testing and the MD thinks maybe that changed the results. I am now doing a gluten challenge for three months and then testing again. Positive or negative, I will be going gluten free after that.

If I knew I was done with the tests I would do it now.

Hope this makes sense.

Good luck.

Cara

It is hard to wait. You can and should start the diet trial now. There is a risk of a false negative with both blood and biopsy so no matter the results you need a good strict trial to see if it helps. You're in the right place to get support and info. Read as much as you can and ask any questions you need to.

• Upvote 1

After many years of iron deficient anemia, my Dr. decided to test for celiac.

The antibody test was negative.

The gene test was positive.

My symptoms seem to indicate celiac as well.

I had a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy performed at the same time 1 week ago.

No test results yet.

I hope to hear something later today.

In the meantime, my anemia feels worse than it ever has before.

I'm OK in the morning, but by 2pm, I just feel hollow. Empty. It's awful.

I think to myself, going for a long walk outside would be awesome....then my legs burn just to get out the door.

I just want an answer to this already!

I can't concentrate because I'm anxious to hear something and my anemia makes it virtually impossible.

Sorry for the rant :(

oh I can totally relate! I am very impatiently waiting for the results of my two children and myself. Everytime I come home and see a message I get anxious and than mad because it is just a telemarket person :(

I didn't even think I could have celiac...I mean I knew years ago I had a slight wheat allergy but symptoms didnt really affect me that much...BUT since my youngest son was diagnosed I didn't have a clue that ALL these other symptoms I've been having...aching joints, constant fatigue, weepiness, instant outrage, and so on and so on were symptoms of celiac. I figured I didn't have a rash like my brother so I couldn't posibly have what he has. I didn't do the research back then to learn more.

I know this sounds weird but I almost hope the bloodwork comes back positive (for me not my other two kids) because then I know what my unexplainable symptoms are from and I can start the diet and start feeling better. Someone posted that they finally had energy to clean the house and I just get exhausted thinking about it! lol

But then I think crap if I do have it bye, bye favorite foods :( I love food way too much... ;)

Hope you and I both get our results soon, because man it is really hard waiting for that phonecall. lol