divamomma

Need Help Shopping In Us

Rate this topic

We are from Canada and heading to Disneyland early July. I have found great information about where to eat, which restaurants and such. I now need help with what products to buy at the store. We plan to shop at walmart, whole foods, henrys, whatever other mainstream store we come across. I would like to eat breakfast and lunch in our hotel, we will only have a mini fridge. What are some "regular" brands I should look for? (not certified gluten-free or at a special store) If I walked into a store what can I get that is gluten-free...specifically luncheon meats, yogurt, cheese. This may sound dumb but I don't know if you have the same produts we do. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help!!

As far as I know, yoplait is gluten free. But check the label, of course.

In the U.S., I think it's very easy, and I've heard from many that Disney is VERY accommodating. Whole Foods and Trader Joe's are a great gluten free food sources here. I eat very natural foods, typically, so I don't know how much help I can be beyond that. Most major brands are labeled with allergens, but you still have to watch for barley and rye, which are often NOT included in allergens. Other than that, I think you will find it very easy. And have fun!!

Since you'll be in California, you'll probably come across Safeway stores. Their Primo Taglia luncheon meats and cheeses (sold behind the deli counter) are gluten free. Also, the Safeway brand organic yogurts are gluten free. Lay's chips, Kettle chips, and others are also now gluten free as are specially marked boxes of Chex cereals and Cocoa Pebbles or Fruity Pebbles. A great gluten-free cracker that Safeway sells is by Crunchmaster and can be found with the regular crackers. Here's a very complete list of gluten-free "regular" foods than can be purchased at any supermarket here in the U.S.:

http://homepage.mac.com/sholland/celiac/GFfoodlist.pdf

Have fun!

We are from Canada and heading to Disneyland early July. I have found great information about where to eat, which restaurants and such. I now need help with what products to buy at the store. We plan to shop at walmart, whole foods, henrys, whatever other mainstream store we come across. I would like to eat breakfast and lunch in our hotel, we will only have a mini fridge. What are some "regular" brands I should look for? (not certified gluten-free or at a special store) If I walked into a store what can I get that is gluten-free...specifically luncheon meats, yogurt, cheese. This may sound dumb but I don't know if you have the same produts we do. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help!!

I know that you said you live in Canada, and that their are dozens of Costco's there. Do you have a membership? Please advise (it will work here) and I'll give you a complete list of what to buy. There's not one in Anaheim (where Disneyland is located) but Fullerton & Garden Grove have one.

Secondly, hit Trader Joe's in the nearby cities close to Anaheim.

Are you driving from the airport? Let me know and I'll give you plenty of guidance.