shoequeen

Blood Test Results

Rate this topic

I had an endoscopy last Tuesday and after I woke up the doctor said I has celiacs, they took a biopsy which is not back yet (tomorrow hopefully) and a full celiac blood panel. I called today and got the results of the blood work- all negative. He said "it doesnt mean anything" that I have to wait until I get the pathology back. From what Im reading online, it looks like the blood test is 98% accurate! How is it even possible that I still have celiacs?

This makes no sense to me...

I just got faxed the results- they tested for IGA- <3 and IGA Serum 160. All the other tests it says "test not preformed" why wouldnt they test for everything? Could it be that after they test those two and they were normal they dont continue testing?

The blood tests and biopsies have a pretty high rate of false negatives. If your doctor could see celiac related damage it is quite certain that you are celiac despite the negative blood tests. Since you have finished your testing you can start the diet today. You don't need to wait for the biopsy results. Welcome to the board, ask any questions you need to and read as much as you can.

I just got faxed the results- they tested for IGA- <3 and IGA Serum 160. All the other tests it says "test not preformed" why wouldnt they test for everything? Could it be that after they test those two and they were normal they dont continue testing?

IgA what? Is there more of a description with that?

IgA what? Is there more of a description with that?

It just says

(tTG) AB, IGA <3

Endomysial AB IGA- test not performed

Endomysial AB Titer- Test not performed

IGA Serum - 160

(tTG) AB IGG- Test not performed

make sense to anyone?

It just says

(tTG) AB, IGA <3

Endomysial AB IGA- test not performed

Endomysial AB Titer- Test not performed

IGA Serum - 160

(tTG) AB IGG- Test not performed

make sense to anyone?

They didn't do a full celiac panel, you can have a negative on one test and a positive on another. Blood tests have a high rate of false negative and a endoscopic biopsy is what they use to diagnose anyways. If you have a positive biopsy than you have celiac.

• Upvote 2