PennyS

Help With Lab Results

Rate this topic

Can anyone help me with these results? Did my doctor run the right tests? Everything looks good but I am new to all this. The reason for the panel: brother with Celiac; me with thyroid issues (hyper & elevated TPOab), low Na+ & K, low blood calcium and vitamin D, fatigue , etc.

IgA: 182 (70-400)

Gliadin Ab(s), IgA: 3.0 (Normal Range = 0.0 to 19.0)

Gliadin Ab(s): <1.0 (Normal Range = 0.0 to 19.0)

GFR (estimated): >=60

Endomysial Ab (titer): Negative (Normal Range NONE DETECTED)

Thanks!

Can anyone help me with these results? Did my doctor run the right tests? Everything looks good but I am new to all this. The reason for the panel: brother with Celiac; me with thyroid issues (hyper & elevated TPOab), low Na+ & K, low blood calcium and vitamin D, fatigue , etc.

IgA: 182 (70-400)

Gliadin Ab(s), IgA: 3.0 (Normal Range = 0.0 to 19.0)

Gliadin Ab(s): <1.0 (Normal Range = 0.0 to 19.0)

GFR (estimated): >=60

Endomysial Ab (titer): Negative (Normal Range NONE DETECTED)

Thanks!

ok, so your doc ran all but one test really.

your Iga serum at 182 shows your immune system is working properly and making enough Iga- so your Antigliadin test and Tissue Transglutamase Iga tests should be accurate (but he only ran your antigliadin- he did not run your TTG)

your Endomysial is negative but that test is easy to mess up in the lab.

you need the TTG test as well... AND did u eat enough gluten prior to testing??? otherwise the tests would be innaccurate

ok, so your doc ran all but one test really.

your Iga serum at 182 shows your immune system is working properly and making enough Iga- so your Antigliadin test and Tissue Transglutamase Iga tests should be accurate (but he only ran your antigliadin- he did not run your TTG)

your Endomysial is negative but that test is easy to mess up in the lab.

you need the TTG test as well... AND did u eat enough gluten prior to testing??? otherwise the tests would be innaccurate

Thank you! I am seeing a new Doctor at the end of April so I will ask her about the TTG. Also, I was not gluten-free when I took the test. Gluten is in my diet but to be honest, I do not know how much is in my regular daily diet.

You need to keep in mind that there can be false negatives even on a regular gluten filled diet. After all celiac related testing is done give the diet a good strict try.