Rate this topic

Well, they called with my results today and they said there were no signs of celiac. I asked them to send me a copy of the report so I can overlook it myself. They did find gastritis, inflammation in my esophagus, and a hiatial hernia. This doesn't really surprise me given the fact that when I eat gluten I get indigestion and stomach issues. I'm not sure how many biopsies they ended up taking so I'm not sure if the test is even conclusive for celiac. But, looks like I have no signs of celiac.

Given the fact that I have major issues when I eat gluten, something is obviously bothering my insides according to the endoscopy results :P, I have two copies of DQ8, and pretty much all of my issues resolve on a gluten free diet...I'm officially diagnosing myself with non celiac gluten intolerance :)

I've only been gluten free for almost a week now and I already have pretty much zero gas, my stomach cramps have lessened quit a bit, my brain feels clearer, and I already have improved energy. Given the fact that I was gluten free for about a year before doing a 3 month gluten challenge I think my body will probably bounce back much quicker this time around.

I hope you bounce back quickly. Sounds like your body is telling you being gluten free is the right thing.

Thank you, I'm just so glad to have all the testing behind me so I can get on with my healthy lifestyle!

Thank you, I'm just so glad to have all the testing behind me so I can get on with my healthy lifestyle!

You must be relieved to know you don't have Celiac! Good for you that you realize you have NCGS and will continue gluten free. That is exactly what I plan to do, regardless of my biopsy outcome. I will just be happy to know I don't have celiac, but having DQ2.5 marker and the symptoms I have, and knowing gluten-free makes me feel so much better, as soon as the biopsy is done, I'm gluten free. No more poison for me! Congrats to you salexander421! :)