Minnieexoxoxo

I Think I Have Celiacs Disease Even Though I Tested Negavtie

Rate this topic

i think i have celiacs disease even though i tested negative I have all the symptoms the only think i don't have is the rash . Could this be ?

First of all what were the specific tests?

I won't answer but someone will know if you give more info.

Yes it very well could be that you have Celiac/Gluten Intolerance even if you test negative. Unfortunately, the tests all have a significant false negative rate. Celiac is the only thing they can test for, but Gluten Intolerance is just as serious. Many people here are self-diagnosed for that very reason.

If you suspect it but test negative, the next thing to do is to try the gluten free diet. I didn't ever have to challenge gluten because every time I made a mistake and got a little cross contamination, gluten got me. Symptoms returned with a vengeance for days. Keep reading here and give the gluten free diet a good trial.

You will then know very soon if this is your problems. The tests are only partially accurate, but the gluten elimination is 100% accurate. Welcome!

My son's pediatrician ran the blood test, which came back negative. The pediatrician said he was fine. But because my son was still having symptoms, we eliminated all gluten. His symptoms instantly disappeared. Then he saw an endocrinologist, who diagnosed him with celiac (he also had a Vitamin D deficiency) She said the Ig test can give a false negative for celiac if the individual's Ig production is low.