chili

Celiact Vitamins!

Rate this topic

Is anyone gonna try the new CeliAct vitamins..They look amazing....

www.celiact.com

I was interested in taking a look at them, but when I read that they were pills and not liquid vitamins, I was disappointed. As a result of celiac, my muscles tend to be rigid--and that includes my esophagus, so swallowing is hard. I also have trouble digesting and absorbing pills, so liquid vitamins work best for me. I think it's a good idea, but for many of us with celiac, we have trouble absorbing certain vitamins and minerals but have no trouble absorbing others. This pill treats us all the same so that we'd still have to supplement with extra vitamins or minerals....so I thought, what's the point?

I will take a look at them but unless they are very reasonably priced including shipping I will likely pass. I can find the specific vitamins I need at my local grocery or health food store so if they show up there I might try them if they supplement at the levels I use for the ones I buy already.

edit Just took a look at the website and I will stick with what I already take. At $50 a bottle for 180 tabs and the need to take 6 of them a day for the levels listed on the bottle I will continue using what I already use. What I take now is less expensive and the vitamin levels in the individual vitamins that I need to supplement allow me to only need one a day.