Melstar23

Aussie Members, Can You Help?

Rate this topic

One thing that I am really missing is vegemite! Vegemite on toast has been my comfort food since I was little. I have tried mightymite, but the taste and texture is so wrong... are there any other options?

Freedom Foods used to make something called vege spread. Personally I like mightymite better. It does take awhile to get used to the taste. I usually mix it in with the butter, it helps with the texture.

I did a bit more research, I think that our mate is gluten free. It is sold as marmite in the UK. It is available from some coles stores. Ensurre that it our mate and not the sanitarium branded marmite which is manufactured in NZ and not gluten-free.

I will look out for Our Mate and FF vege spread. Maybe I'm just hoping for too much. I have been gluten free for about 9 months, maybe I will like mighty mite better after my memories of vegemite have faded more.

There is another one I can't for the life of me remember now..(not evege spread).........maybe Georgie will see the thread and remember.

I miss Vegemite. :(

There is another one I can't for the life of me remember now..(not evege spread).........maybe Georgie will see the thread and remember.

I miss Vegemite. :(

I mean *vege* spread can't seem to edit my post for some reason.