Mothering3

Salmon Burgers

Rate this topic

I can't eat egg, or most grains right now. I'm going bonkers from eating the same thing over and over. Also its hard to have to make every meal from scratch.

Tonight I tried making these salmon burgers that turned out pretty good. Also, I really can't afford to eat much salmon any more, so I try to figure out ways to use the canned stuff cause its so much cheaper and still good for you. (Though admittedly not as fabulously delicious as the fresh stuff, still totally good when used well)

2 cans of canned wild caught salmon, drained

1 cup brown rice (or your choice of another grain that doesn't make you sick)

chopped green onions

chopped onions

fresh herbs (I didn't have any, but if I did, I would have added them)

seasoning

Blend all ingredients in the food processor. Make patties and fry in a little coconut or olive oil till crisp.

My kids ate them on Udi's gluten-free bread with mayo and tomato. I ate them with a fork, with tahini dressing and avocado.

You can freeze these and have quickie dinner.

I can't eat egg, or most grains right now. I'm going bonkers from eating the same thing over and over. Also its hard to have to make every meal from scratch.

Tonight I tried making these salmon burgers that turned out pretty good. Also, I really can't afford to eat much salmon any more, so I try to figure out ways to use the canned stuff cause its so much cheaper and still good for you. (Though admittedly not as fabulously delicious as the fresh stuff, still totally good when used well)

2 cans of canned wild caught salmon, drained

1 cup brown rice (or your choice of another grain that doesn't make you sick)

chopped green onions

chopped onions

fresh herbs (I didn't have any, but if I did, I would have added them)

seasoning

Blend all ingredients in the food processor. Make patties and fry in a little coconut or olive oil till crisp.

My kids ate them on Udi's gluten-free bread with mayo and tomato. I ate them with a fork, with tahini dressing and avocado.

You can freeze these and have quickie dinner.

Thanks Mothering...will try these....we are in the same boat food wise....i am not tolerating much right now either and getting bored with it all....hopefully we heal quickly and can add some things in to our diets soon!

oh i am DEFINITELY gonna have to try these- THANKU!