Rate this topic

Hello everyone!

I've got lots on my mind and all the time in the world, but i still can't muster up the brainpower to put my thoughts into words on this damn computer, so i'll just try and keep it simple.

Anybody else here show signs of schizophrenia? Such a big scary word, isn't it? Gluten, dairy, and fruit (especially on an empty stomach) all seem to bring out the crazy in me. I'm suspecting that along with having celiac, i'm also lactose/casein intolerant, have fructose malabsorption issues, and an overgrowth of candida.

I'm thinking that going gluten and dairy free alone will not be enough to heal my gut. A new course of action must be taken, but what? Perhaps the GAPS diet? Or the SCD diet? I notice a lot of conflicting information everywhere i go on what is safe to eat or not eat. I'm not sure what to do, and i'm getting scared of eating at this point, as i fear i'm developing more food intolerances.

I'm not sure what i'm trying to say here, but maybe if someone can point me in a direction, i can stop spinning around in circles.

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure what i'm trying to say here, but maybe if someone can point me in a direction, i can stop spinning around in circles.

I can't really point you in a diet direction but ....

If you add a bit of jumping & skipping to the spinning, it can be a very good exercise. :P

Anybody else here show signs of schizophrenia?

Hey, bridge. I'm here chiefly because of my son who is dx'd with sz. I'd like to test my theory that he has a gluten intolerance which is causing his symptoms.

Yes, gluten can cause neurological problems and schizophrenic-like symptoms.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/blogs/the-/gluten-sensitivity-causing-adhd-and-schizophrenia-

All of the things you list in your post are good suggestions to try. There are many variations of the same diet...something like Paleo or SCD can help you sort out your reactions to other foods and fructose.

Also consider soy- it can cause some nasty symptoms. Don't be overwhelmed, you just have to figure out what food makes you feel your best.

That is perfect Cass! I think that should do the trick for educating Dr.'s about the gluten/schizophrenia connection. Thanks for the resource too!