Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know if water ice is gluten-free? I love it and with the warm weather coming I was wondering if I can eat it or not. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Hhmm, my question, too. Water is gluten-free, so ice made from it would, logically, be gluten-free. Unless "water ice" is a new product somewhere?

Water ice is sort of like really fine-grained sorbet, a frozen dessert/snack that is fat free and not dairy-based. My guess is that "natural flavors" would be the questionable ingredient.

Don't feel bad for not knowing; I remember a few years ago, before it became a big thing, my husband and I saw a little place called "Rita's Water Ice" and just about died laughing! Now, we understand.

Wow, I guess I just assumed everyone knew what water ice was. :unsure: I have to say that I am surprised at the replies. I am from the Philadelphia area and water ice is a known thing around here. Just as popular as our soft pretzels or cheesesteaks. :D Anyway, it is like Italian Ice, flavored shaved ice. Does anyone know what Italian Ice is?

Guest jhmom

I know what Italian Ice is!!!!!!!!!!!!! (saying as I am waving my arms!!!) hehehe :lol:

Guest jhmom

I have not checked into it and do not know of any brands off the top of my head. If I find out I will let you know! :)

PhillySwirl Italian Ice (cups and Stix) are gluten-free and dairy-free. Is that the same as "water ice"? Me and my kids were pretty amused by it. We're from California and it is Hawaiian Shaved Ice out here. We just make our own with a machine, but it doesn't quite come out smooth enough. I plan on getting the PhillySwirl when Costco starts selling it again in the summer. They only carry it seasonally. :(

http://www.phillyswirl.com/products/cups.cfm

God bless,

Mariann

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

It comes and goes. I struggle with getting enough fiber in my diet so my stool is usually hard. Due to this I get anal sores. Im not leaking anymore, but I did in the past. I relax as much as I can when I pass stool and try to let the anus...
    Agreed. I also used to run polls regularly on this site and ~25% of diagnosed celiacs reported that they routinely cheated on their diet. I'm embarrassed to say that my own teenage daughter, who went gluten-free about a year ago (she's gluten...
    I would recommend using something to put a coating around the area to act as a barrier. Cortizone10 works, Gold Bond cream, hemorrhoid cream...ect. Put some on after you shower in the morning and when you go it will help prevent irritation...