JSegura226

Your First 3 Weeks..

Rate this topic

I was just curious what specific brands of vitamins and Enzymes you guys took during your initial stage of going Gluten free... Also what Kind of condition were you when starting the diet?

I started with Kirkman lab's vitamins - ordered them online here: http://kirkmanlabs.com/Default.aspx

I was actually great when I went gluten free - all my vitamin levels were good, but mostly because I overate like crazy, and doing so, I was managing to get enough vitamins. Too many calories, though. After going gluten free, though, when I couldn't eat as much, my vitamin levels started dropping really quickly. :-(

I was just curious what specific brands of vitamins and Enzymes you guys took during your initial stage of going Gluten free... Also what Kind of condition were you when starting the diet?

I was close to death, no kidding, when I was finally diagnosed. I took a sublingual B12 and a stress formula B and C. I use Country Life, Now and Wegmans brand vitamins. Recently I have added D3 and K, as well as calcium, magnesium and zinc.

It is a good idea to have your doctors check your vitamin and mineral levels. That way you know what you are most deficient in. One thing you definately want to check before supplementing is iron. Since too much is toxic you want to make sure you need it before you supplement.

I was close to death, no kidding, when I was finally diagnosed. I took a sublingual B12 and a stress formula B and C. I use Country Life, Now and Wegmans brand vitamins. Recently I have added D3 and K, as well as calcium, magnesium and zinc.

It is a good idea to have your doctors check your vitamin and mineral levels. That way you know what you are most deficient in. One thing you definately want to check before supplementing is iron. Since too much is toxic you want to make sure you need it before you supplement.

I have an appointment to see a recommended Naturopath doctor up in Cedar City, Utah who supposedly has great results with patients with celiac on Wednesday and they said they would check my Vitamin/mineral levels and help me get to where I need to be. I have never used a naturopath practitioner, so this should be an interesting experience which I hope is refreshing from my usual 15 min appt with my GI or doc where they just write me a script and send me out the door.. we will see B)

I have an appointment to see a recommended Naturopath doctor up in Cedar City, Utah who supposedly has great results with patients with celiac on Wednesday and they said they would check my Vitamin/mineral levels and help me get to where I need to be. I have never used a naturopath practitioner, so this should be an interesting experience which I hope is refreshing from my usual 15 min appt with my GI or doc where they just write me a script and send me out the door.. we will see B)

I hope you have a good experience with the Naturopath. There are many good ones out there, my experience with mine was not so good. Do check and make sure anything they give you is gluten free just like you would with a regular script. Contact the maker don't just take your doctors word for it. Mine glutened me with almost everything he gave me and told me the gluten symptoms were 'normal' reactions. I hadn't checked the products at that point but I did after and when I told him the items weren't safe he said 'well a little bit won't hurt you'. Not saying your experience would be like mine, just use caution like you would when seeing any new doctor.

I hope you have a good experience with the Naturopath. There are many good ones out there, my experience with mine was not so good. Do check and make sure anything they give you is gluten free just like you would with a regular script. Contact the maker don't just take your doctors word for it. Mine glutened me with almost everything he gave me and told me the gluten symptoms were 'normal' reactions. I hadn't checked the products at that point but I did after and when I told him the items weren't safe he said 'well a little bit won't hurt you'. Not saying your experience would be like mine, just use caution like you would when seeing any new doctor.

Of course.. that is great advice. I pretty much check everything now before I ingest it. The doctor I am seeing was actually recommended to me by a neighbor I have who has 3 daughters with Celiac. We live in Las Vegas and she drives almost 150 miles to see this doctor with her children monthly. He helped diagnose her first daughter and got her back on track with weight and growth. She claims he saved her daughters life. She said that he is literally amazing and has worked with numerous celiac patients over the years...Im crossing my fingers this works out.