scottyg354

Test Result Interpretation

Rate this topic

Hopefully somone can help me interpret these.

IGA is 274.2 REF Range 66.0 - 436.0

TTG (Tissue Transglutaminase AB) <3 REF Range: <5 Negative, 5-8 Equivocal, >8 Positive

Endomysial AB - Negative

Gliadin/Gluten IGG - 11 Ref Range: <11 negative, 11-17 Equivocal, >17 Positive - From what I'm gettin this is the only one that might show something

Gliadin/ Gluten IGA AB - <3 Ref Range: <11 Negative, 11-17 Equivocal, >17 Positive

I also might add that they have the IGG marked as high on my results

Anyone, I don't know if the equivocal IGG could mean intolerance or not.

It could. Try the diet strictly for a few weeks (at least 3) and see how you feel. Then try eating some plain wheat, barley or rye (like pasta made from flour and water) to see how you feel.

If you feel better, but then worse after eating it, then, yes, you likely have issues with gluten. It could also be an anamoly or indicative of a broader leaky gut problem or even IBD.

Bloodwork isn't incredibly reliable, but the diet testing it well worth the effort.

It could. Try the diet strictly for a few weeks (at least 3) and see how you feel. Then try eating some plain wheat, barley or rye (like pasta made from flour and water) to see how you feel.

If you feel better, but then worse after eating it, then, yes, you likely have issues with gluten. It could also be an anamoly or indicative of a broader leaky gut problem or even IBD.

Bloodwork isn't incredibly reliable, but the diet testing it well worth the effort.

Had a colonoscopy about 3 weeks ago. No IBD so I'm good in that sense.

Anyone, I don't know if the equivocal IGG could mean intolerance or not.

Yes it could. You mention in your sig going back on gluten for testing so if that testing is now done you may want to go back to the diet. If you are also having a scope keep eating gluten until that is done.